Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Good Life Photomontage Information Paragraph and Lyrics

The song I chose to make a photomontage of is the Good Life by Kanye West featuring T-Pain. One of the repeated lyrics in the choruses of the song is, “I’ma get on this TV momma” so I took a picture of my TV and displayed an image from the Good Life music video, showing that Kanye and T-Pain are on TV. In the third verse of the song, there are two lines that mention a plane, “Have you ever popped champagne on a plane” and “whipped it out, she said I never seen snakes on a plane” so I took a picture of a model plane I have and placed it in the sky. And in the previous sentence, the line from the song I first quoted mentions champagne so I got a picture from the Internet of a champagne bottle and I took a picture of one of my champagne glasses with gingerale in it which I used to represent champagne. The TV and the champagne need to be on a surface so I placed an image of a glass table I got from the Internet. And I used an image of a pool for the background because when we think of someone who’s living the good life, they have their own pool. And while normally you wouldn’t have a TV next to a pool because of possible water damage, if you’re a rich person living the good life, you can afford to constantly replace a damaged TV with a new one. So for my photomontage, I took the objects mentioned in the song and placed them on the background image of a pool to represent the good life.


Click to enlarge.
(Lyrics from album booklet.)